Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Montreal, Quebec (hybrid for the time being)
Language: English, French, an asset
Compensation: $60-67K annually (commensurate with experience), plus a benefits package with health, dental, and life insurance after probationary period.
Based in Little Burgundy and serving participants across Greater Montreal, DESTA offers access to a hub of services and partnerships that empower the Black community through programs rooted in social and economic justice. We offer holistic, individualized services and advocacy to promote well-being and opportunity.
The Programs Director is responsible for guiding all programs and initiatives of the organization. This includes developing and implementing new programs, managing existing programs, and ensuring that all programs align with the organization’s mission and strategic goals. The Programs Director will work closely with the Executive Director, staff, and volunteers to ensure that all programs are effective, impactful, and meet the needs of the Black community.
The candidate should have the skills to successfully administer an organizational budgeting process, develop programs, manage staff and be a team builder with experience in scaling up organizations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programs Director at DESTA will be primarily responsible for:
- Developing and implementing new programs and initiatives that align with the organization’s mission and strategic goals.
- Managing all existing programs, ensuring that they are effective, efficient, and impactful.
- Managing a team of 7 Program Coordinators, Counselors, and Assistant Program Coordinators.
- Working with the Executive Director to develop program budgets and ensure that programs are financially sustainable.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with community organizations, partners, and funders to support program goals and objectives.
- Developing tracking and evaluation methods to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Determining KPIs, collecting and consolidating data and evaluating outcomes for each program.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program progress throughout its life cycle.
- Managing program staff and volunteers, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Collaborating with the Executive Director to develop and implement the organization’s strategic plan.
- Working with Program Coordinators and Executive Director to ensure that project milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Working with board committees to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Representing the organization occasionally at internal and external events.
Learn more about our Programs here.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in program management and administration, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with existing and potential collaborators.
- Demonstrated experience managing people.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent planning, budgeting, and reporting skills.
- Ability to develop and implement funding strategies and programs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and project management and CRM tools.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
- An understanding of issues facing the Anglophone Black Community in Montreal and issues related to racial equity and social justice.
- Bilingual (English/French)
If you don’t think you meet all the criteria above but still are interested in the job, we encourage you to apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team, and are looking for candidates who have a deep understanding of the Black experience. Our organization recognizes the unique challenges faced by Black communities and seeks to hire individuals who can bring this perspective to their work.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV (or other format that you feel best conveys who you are and your skill set) and cover letter to: email@example.com by April 28, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bring your passion and skills to DESTA and join a dynamic team of young professionals giving back to the community!