Based in Little Burgundy and serving participants across Greater Montreal, DESTA is a community organization that supports Black youth aged 18 to 35 in reaching their educational, employability, and entrepreneurial goals through a holistic and individualized approach.
DESTA is developing and implementing new and innovative programs to meet the needs of its growing participant base and is looking for the right individual with experience in operations to join the management team. DESTA employs a trauma-informed approach and harm reduction philosophies, and we are currently seeking a candidate who will have a compassionate understanding of the challenges our participants face.
The candidate should have skills in successfully overseeing an organizational budgeting process, staff and facilities management, and leadership, and be a team builder with experience in scaling up organizations.
This position is 35 hours per week with an annual salary of $45,000 to $52,000 (commensurate with experience), and includes a benefits package with health, dental, and life insurance.
Flexibility of schedule is required, as the Operations Director occasionally works evenings and weekend events.
Please note that our building is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
Working as part of the management team, some of the key responsibilities of the Operations Director are to:
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
- Promote a organizational culture that encourages empathy, efficiency, and high morale
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing
- Ensure compliance of all legal and regulatory documents
- Identify and address problems for and opportunities for the organization
- Assist with building alliances and partnerships with other organizations
- Represent DESTA at various community events when needed
- BA in operations management or related field
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership
- Experience working in not-for-profit sector
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including: profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Knowledge of and sensitivity towards issues concerning diverse ethno-cultural and marginalized communities, and the Black community in particular
How to apply:
Please forward your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please highlight your relevant lived
and work experience, as well as your personal and professional values.
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadlines for applications is February 22, 2019