DESTA Food Program Assistant Coordinator
Employment type: part-time (20 hrs/wk)
Location: Montreal, Quebec (hybrid for the time being)
Language: English, French, an asset
Compensation: $22 per hour
Application deadline – May 1, 2023
Based in Little Burgundy and serving participants across Greater Montreal, DESTA offers access to a hub
of services and partnerships that empower the Black community through programs rooted in social and
economic justice. We offer holistic, individualized services and advocacy to promote well-being and
Since our launch in 2020, as a response to heightened food insecurity during COVID shutdowns, DESTA Food is now a multi-pronged community program seeking to develop a new food system within Montreal’s Black community through collaboration with Black farms, businesses, and other community organizations with programming that works to address food insecurity and disadvantages experienced by Black Montrealers. The Food Program Coordinator position offers the right candidate an opportunity to stretch their skill set in many directions and utilize their experience to help to develop this program as we approach our 4th year in operation. The Food Program Coordinator will work closely with the Food Program Manager as well as the community at large to ensure DESTA Food continues to grow and evolve with the Black Montreal community needs.
- Union United Food Bank on-site coordination and driver support, Tuesdays 930-330pm
- Weekly client confirmations by phone and text on Mondays
- Driver scheduling & coordination
- Conduct client intake interviews & assist in annual client survey
- Document program activities for use on social media, in program reports, etc
- Assist and support Food Program Manager in general operations
Qualities/Hard & Soft Skills
- Organized, Independent and Accountable – The ideal candidate understands both how to work efficiently on their own AND request support when they need it.
- Familiar with Google Suite – especially Sheets
- Strong logistical skills, knowledge of Montreal, and ability to create delivery routes for drivers
- Excellent time management skills – Be able to efficiently and effectively complete their tasks in the allotted time.
- Creative problem solver – see issues before they arise, bring problems to attention immediately
- Outgoing, optimistic and personable. You will be the face and voice of DESTA Food in our community!
- Motivated and detail-oriented
- Background and interests in Food, Agriculture, Environmental Studies and/or Marketing
- Passion for Black community work
- Have access to a vehicle (preferred)
- Have a full life and ever-growing tool kit (GROWTH MINDSET) – We need whole people who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience to the table.
- Ideal candidate is seeking a part-time position, working 2-3 days per week. This position will not likely transition to fulltime and is well-suited to someone who desires an engaging part-time work.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by May 1, 2023 to email@example.com
Bring your passion and skills to DESTA and join a dynamic team of young professionals giving back to the community!